Thursday, September 9, 2010

Jealousy At Its Finest

 Dear Jenny,

Last week my boyfriend and I were discussing marriage, and he hinted that he would be proposing soon. When he knew I felt very positively about it, he asked me my ring size and the stones that I like. But today my very much loved friend told me she got engaged. While I am happy for her, I feel like I'm going to look like I am copying her by announcing my own engagement, which will be soon. It makes me a bit disappointed, even though I know it shouldn't. I should feel happy for both of us, but I can't help but feel ridiculously stupid and sad. Will I look stupid announcing my engagement so soon after her?

-Jealous Friend

Dear Jealous Friend,

Let's start by agreeing that you are not yet an engaged woman. After my fiance first mentioned marriage to me (and took me to a jewelers to try on rings), he spent 9 months choosing the perfect ring and planning a beautiful proposal. I am not saying that this will be the same for you, but you are clearly jumping to conclusions by assuming that he is going to pop the question so soon. You are not being a good friend by not being happy for her. She is entering a wonderful stage in her life and if she is a friend that you love very much, she deserves your approval and happiness! When you are engaged, you will want all the love and support you can get from your friends and family-- but you are not giving her that same respect. What you give you shall receive. Stop worrying about what others will think if you get engaged in the near future and focus on the love that you and your man share together.



On another note:
I am trying to promote my blog so I can have more readers and more questions :)! I have had an amazing time writing this blog and reading everyone's questions! Please email me any of your questions or leave them for me in a comment!

And don't be shy! Ask me things that you can't ask your friends and family. It is completely anonymous and I do my best never to judge or be biased.

My email: ask.jenny@rocketmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Dear Jenny,
    I have a big problem and the worst illness - a broken heart. I have loved the same boy for about a year, since he was my boyfriend. I loved him when I first layed eyes on him, I knew that I would love him forever. I've never felt this way about anyone before... how can this be?
    Eventually,he broke up with me and I have been depressed ever since.I write his name on my hands and arms, I write songs and poems about him - words about how I feel for him suddenly come to mind. He now has a girlfriend and I'm so jealous! He lives by me so I see him almost every day. When I look at him I feel faint,like he and I are the only people there.I can't stop staring at him, loving him, wanting him to be mine and I can't get over him.He's just so special,though, how can this be? Please help me!

    -boytrouble

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete